[Wine] Re: Using native Dlls from original Win2000

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:15 CDT 2007

Pete Ricksecker wrote:
> Duane Clark wrote:
>> Pete Ricksecker wrote:
>>> I have an app (Quicken) that looks for IE 5.5 and installing ies4linux
>>> does not correct it as Quicken still does not find IE.
>> To install and use another app with IE installed by ies4linux, you need
>> to set an environment variable, for example:
>> export WINEPREFIX="/home/dclark/.ies4linux/ie6"
>>
>> Notice that ies4linux creates a ~/bin directory. In that directory is
>> typically a single file (unless you installed several versions of IE).
>> That file is a simple script. If you are using the icon that was put on
>> your desktop to run IE, notice that the "command" that it executes
>> (right click on the icon) is similar to "/home/dclark/bin/ie6". And
>> notice that the first thing the script does is to set the WINEPREFIX
>> environment variable.
>
> Okay.  I executed "export WINEPREFIX="/home/rick2210/.ies4linux/ie6" "
> from a shell now Quicken won't even start up.  It was starting up before
> doing this, just could not connect to internet.

When you installed Quicken previously, it was installed into
(presumably) ~/.wine/drive_c. When you set the WINEPREFIX, Wine will use
~/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c. Since you presumably have not yet installed
Quicken there, it does not yet run.

If you have in fact installed Quicken there, then it may be that it
won't run in the ies4linux configured directories.

However, before doing anything else, have you taken a look at:
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=107
And what version of Quicken are you using?