[Wine] Re: ShellExecute

dank daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:17 CDT 2007

On Jan 26, 5:49 pm, dfloss <dfl... at imap.com> wrote:
> When running underWine, ShellExecute isn't opening .html files that my
> Windoze app creates.
>
> Any thoughts?  I know very little aboutlinuxorWine.
>
> //fname is unicode CString that has a fully qualified *existing* .html
> filename
>    HINSTANCE h = ShellExecute(NULL, _T("open"), fname, NULL, NULL,
> SW_SHOWNORMAL);
>    if ((UINT)h <= 32)
>      { /* yep, it fails to launch */ };

You can test ShellExecuteEx from the commandline using start, and it
seems to work there;

$ WINEDEBUG=+exec wine start hello.html
trace:exec:ShellExecuteExA 0x33fe9c
trace:exec:SHELL_execute mask=0x00000500 hwnd=(nil) verb=L"open"
file=L"hello.html" parm=L"" dir=(null) show=0x00000001 class=not used

Launches Firefox for me on hello.html fine with wine-0.9.29 and
Ubuntu.
Can you post the output of running your app with WINEDEBUG=+exec set?
Also, what version of Wine and Linux is this, and what's your app?
- Dan