[Wine] Re: tales of a newb

Daniel Skorka ulaxx at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Mar 19 00:54:20 CDT 2007

Umma Kynes <UmmaKynes at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to uninstall WINE 0.9.30 from source on my OpenSUSE 10.2
> desktop, but after I
> do ./configure, make depend, make, and install,.... it doesn't install
> (or at least not
> completely).  It doesn't show up in the YAST packages menu as being
> installed, and when
> I run 'wine help' in the console, it says the help install module
> isn't installed.  What am I
> doing wrong?

Two things:
1) Assuming "make install" in a source tree is equivalent to installing a
package.
2) Assuming there is a windows program called "help" in your PATH. If you want
the wine help file viewer, that is called "winhelp". If you want help on using
wine, the command you are looking for is "man wine". And then, there is the
Wine User Guide on winehq.org

Daniel