[Wine] Need config.h

Bob Smith bsmith at sudleydeplacespam.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:23 CDT 2007

I'm not trying to build Wine on my system, only to extract enough
files so I can define my own version of an edit control -- the one
built into Windows does too much in one area and not enough in
another, and subclassing doesn't solve the problem.  I've identified
the file I need (\dlls\user32\edit.c) and can find the associated
include files, however I can't find "config.h".

I understand that this file is generated by the ./configure script.  I
though I had cygwin installed, but when I run bash I can't get
./configure to run (Can't make pipes for command substitution, Exiting
due to signal SIGSEGV).  I would prefer not to pursue this line.

Again, I'm not trying to build Wine, just extract the edit control
files and use them in a Windows project compiled by MSVC (Visual
Studio 6) in Win2000 on a Intel Pentium-class machine.

I would appreciate any help you can provide.
Bob Smith -- bsmith at sudleydeplacespam.com

To reply to me directly, delete "despam".