[Wine] Re: Wine and Mono

dank daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:29 CDT 2007

On Feb 4, 6:57 am, "DoDo" <DodoEntertainm... at gmail.com> wrote:
> The script downloaded mono for windows, but during install setup
> following errors appeared:

All those warnings are normal.  (Yeah, it's kind of noisy.)

> Trying to execute a .net program outputs following error:
>
> preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00000000-60000000
>
> Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception
> was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.Form --->
> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown
> by the target of an invocation. --->
> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the
> type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus --->
> System.DllNotFoundException: gdiplus.dll

Hold it right there, bubbaloo!  You need a copy of gdiplus.dll.
One comes with Powerpoint Viewer 2003, which you can download from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en
After installing that, I think you can just copy
.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/PowerPoint Viewer/
GDIPLUS.DLL
.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
though I'm not 100% sure.

> This program is written by me in VS.NET 2003, and works on clean mono
> until I load form which uses Internet Explorer plugin. Because wine
> can emulate IE plugin with Mozilla plugin, I thought this program
> would work on a combined version of wine and mono. Any ideas how to
> make it work?

Try it with gdiplus.dll installed and let us know how it goes.
- Dan