[Wine] Re: Wine not working after instalation

dank daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:30 CDT 2007

On Feb 6, 5:14 am, "Neo4" <FLF.N... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, I've installed the Army Men Rts under my linux Mint (Ubuntu
> Edgy) and when I'm trying to run the game the following error occurs:
>
> err:module:import_dll Library ntoskrnl.exe (which is needed by L"C:\
> \windows\\system32\\drivers\\SECDRV.SYS") not found

You probably need safedisc support.   If you're lucky, all you need is
Safedisc 1 support.
You can tell whether the game needs safedisc 1 or 2 support
by looking for a couple files, I think; see
http://www.winehq.com/pipermail/wine-users/2002-April/007910.html
I haven't heard of any safedisc 2 support in Wine yet.

An experimental copy of Wine with Safedisc 1 support is at
http://www.winehq.com/pipermail/wine-devel/2006-June/048928.html
but it's for Mandrake linux; you might be able to get the author
to build a package for Ubuntu Edgy.
The Wine maintainer says he's going to integrate Safedisc 1 support
into the main version of Wine "real soon now", so probably in
the next six months.
- Dan