[Wine] Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast running very slowly.

skale7 at gmail.com skale7 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:53 CDT 2007

The above.  Jedi Outcast installed, and ran to the startup screen as
normal.  Movies played at a reasonable speed.  However, the main menu
was incredibly slow.  I tried changing various settings to LOW,
without luck.  I searched and found something about running it in 24-
bit mode instead of 16-bit mode, but that did not help either, because
a) there was no 24-bit mode, and b) 32-bit mode was no different.

I did not try to play the game because I did not have a cd handy, and
hadn't set up the no-cd yet.  But, the main menu is slow enough to
prevent any enjoyment from gameplay.

Here is the WINE babble:

fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x181670) : stub,
simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x16efe0)->((nil),
00000008)
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DStateBlockImpl_Release Releasing primary stateblock
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel (0x16efe0)->((nil),
00000008)
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DStateBlockImpl_Release Releasing primary stateblock

That is all.  There doesn't seem to be any other post like this one;
all other people on the internet seem to have it running just fine.