[Wine] Re: NASCAR 2003 and sound issues

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:54:57 CDT 2007

MichaelS <chgowiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed the following messages on the console when having this
> issue:
> fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection
> (mixlen=8072 <
> primary_done=49392)
> err:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne underrun on sound buffer 0x1ad5d60
> [many of those repeated then...]

Those aren't your problem. The dsound code has problems, one of which
you are seeing (those messagese) and hearing (the repetitions).

> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0xf41a08 "?" wait timed
> out in
> thread 0014, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)

This is likely not related to sound at all. Wine sometimes has timing
problems, which cause problems between threads that don't occur in
windows. There is no solution I know of.

Daniel
--
Read the Wine FAQ: http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine-faq/index
Read the Wine User Guide: http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index