[Wine] Location for a DLL

R1 e.marc at AOTERwanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 19 00:55:01 CDT 2007

Hello,

I'm newbie in Linux, just migrating last week from Windows Me to Debian.

As I have some specific files with specific Windows application, I have a
look to Wine to help me in transitional period.
I've installed it (by compilation) and I'm able to start several
applications (from sol to a FTP client) but one application gets troubles:
The internal error message (translated from French) is "This DLL must be
installed only in windows system directory".
In WMe, the .dll file was in c:\windows\system and I've said Wine C: is the
HD partition with my true Windows, so I assumed Wine would be able to reach
the directory and the the file. But it doesn't work?
Can you help me? Dou you need more details?

Regards

R1