[Wine] Re: fixme:wininet:InternetGetConnectedState always returning LAN connection.

Aggro spammerdream at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 00:55:03 CDT 2007

David Dawson wrote:
> The line in the subject appears in several programs, and may be preventing
> some of them from working.
>
> Is there a work-around?

That error message most likely means that the function is currently
implemented to always return LAN connection, no matter what the real
connection is. Possible return values (actually value is returned via
parameter, but that doesn't matter here):

INTERNET_CONNECTION_CONFIGURED
0x40 	Local system has a valid connection to the Internet, but it might
or might not be currently connected.

INTERNET_CONNECTION_LAN
0x02 	Local system uses a local area network to connect to the Internet.

INTERNET_CONNECTION_MODEM
0x01 	Local system uses a modem to connect to the Internet.

INTERNET_CONNECTION_MODEM_BUSY
0x08 	No longer used.

INTERNET_CONNECTION_OFFLINE
0x20 	Local system is in offline mode.

INTERNET_CONNECTION_PROXY
0x04 	Local system uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet.

Let's see those values. If we remove those that you certainly don't have
or which would just indicate not-working connection, we have left:
INTERNET_CONNECTION_LAN
INTERNET_CONNECTION_PROXY

So if you are not using a proxy and you are always connected, the return
value should always be correct for you. So I doubt that this would cause
you any problems.