[Wine] Wine with NPTL

Justin justin.roggow at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:55:04 CDT 2007

Hello,

I'm running Slackware 10.2 with kernel 2.4.31, and I'm trying to
install Wine.  I have glibc vers 2.3.5.  Linux thread libraries are
saved in the /lib directory, while NPTL libraries are saved in /lib/
tls.  Other than the source I downloaded I have no other version of
wine on my machine.

I ran '.configure --with-nptl=/lib/tls' and everything seemed to
compile properly, but Wine gives me an error that glibc without nptl
or tls is unsupported and will probably crash.

'ldd wine' says that Wine is calling the thread libraries from /lib
rather than the libraries from /lib/tls.

How can I force Wine to use the /lib/tls libraries?

Thanks,

J.