[Wine] Re: signal 11 on X server when starting winecfg

franck freinquin at online.fr
Mon Mar 19 00:55:30 CDT 2007

On 1 mar, 23:54, Daniel Skorka <sko... at gmx.net> wrote:
> franck <freinq... at online.fr> wrote:
> > 9600 XT with ATI's proprietary driver 8.28.8.
>
> Does using the open source driver change anything? What about closed
> source, but with DRI / GLX disabled?

Keeping the proprietary driver and disabling DRI and GLX gives some
warnings such as :

err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress No libGL on this box - disabling
OpenGL support

but otherwise, the GUI shows up.

So you're right, it's something about 3D acceleration. But Cedega runs
fine, and I have also played 3D games like tremulous or chromium and
they get accelerated OK.

What else can I try to investigate further ? Or should I try wine
0.9.32 now that it is out ?

Thanks
Franck