[Wine] Re: Problems with Steam Games (possible others?)

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:55:31 CDT 2007

firemulholland at gmail.com wrote:
> 1) Because I run dual monitors, normal full screen games will not
> work.  Furthermore, full screen games with a virtual desktop go in a
> 800x600 window and will not resize, so I have to play the games in a
> window in a virtual desktop.  This is relatively minor and I can live
> with it, but it anyone has a fix...
>
> 2) For some reason all the games I run in a virtual desktop (with both
> at the same resolution, 1024x768) the games have a black bar at the
> top, and the bottom is cut off (I'd say it's about 20 pixels worth),
> so pretty much the game is moved downwards with part not showing.

If you mentioned the games, maybe someone will be abe to help you on
that. Also, did yoou check appdb.winehq.org?

> 3) Whenever I move my mouse fast and far enough, it "breaks" out of
> the game.  That is, while I can play normally with the mouse "locked"
> in so that movement is captured all the time, if I react fast at any
> point, the point breaks out and I have to move it back in, etc.  This
> is the most annoying thing ever :(

Yeah. It also happens to others (anybody, I think). For reasons I cannot
fathom wine has a hard time grabbing the mouse and keeping it inside a
window. For me, I have devised a simple workaround, which involves fvwm,
desktops and EdgeResistance.

Daniel
--
Read the Wine FAQ: http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine-faq/index