[Wine] Re: Default file viewer

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:55:39 CDT 2007

richardrosa wrote:

>   I'm running version 0.9.27 from rpm on Suse 10.2.
>
>   Neither of the keys you mentioned were in the registry. I added
> them, but still no joy. I'm pretty sure that newsbin uses the
> registry, as there are no program settings for the default browser.

I suppose that you could try running something like:
export WINEDEBUG=+reg
wine newsbin >& wine.log
Run your program up to the part where it should open the browser window,
then Ctrl-C out of the program. That will write a bunch of stuff into
the file wine.log. Search through the file, perhaps for the string
"txt". Presumably somewhere near the end should be what the program is
looking for, assuming it is indeed using the registry.