[Wine] Re: error running a vb script in wine

dank daniel.r.kegel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 10:09:25 CST 2007

On Mar 5, 9:16 am, mike.clark... at baesystems.com wrote:
> Can anyone help me with this error? I get this error when I run my vb
> script in wine. The script creates a shortcut and works fine when I
> run it at a cmd prompt in Windows. I'm new to both vb script and wine.
>
> Z:\root\vb_shortcut>cscript mk_shortcut.vbs "temp" "Z:\root\vb_shortcut
> \test.txt " "."
> Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.
>
> 2599: assertion failed "(*(const char*)_DBUS_FUNCTION_NAME) != '_'"
> file "dbus-connection.c" line 2877 function
> _dbus_connection_read_write_dispatch
> err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {6c736db1-bd94-11d0-8a23-00aa00b58e10}
> not registered
> err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {6c736db1-
> bd94-11d0-8a23-00aa00b58e10} could be created for context 0x1
> Z:\root\vb_shortcut\mk_shortcut.vbs(10, 1) P: 0x8002801D
>
> I've installed Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP into my wine
> installation. Part of my problem may be that I'm running wine with the
> windows version set to Windows 98. The reason I'm doing this is I
> can't get cscript to work with my Windows version set to XP. Here is
> the error I get when just trying to run cscript at the cmd prompt in
> wine with the Windows version set to XP:
>
> Z:\root\vb_shortcut>cscript
> fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity ((nil),-1,(nil),(nil),0,3,(nil),0,
> (nil)) - stub!
>
> Here is a copy of my vb script. It is a script to create a shortcut.
> This is really all I need to do. If anyone knows of a another way to
> create a shortcut that works in wine using a script please let me
> know.

First, please file your vb script problem as a bug at http://bugs.winehq.org
so we can look at that.  Be sure to mention what version of
Linux and what version of Wine you're using.

But while you're waiting for us to look at that, you might try using
http://www.autohotkey.com/ to write your script.
I think that works in Wine.
- Dan