[Wine] Re: Agent 4.0 and wine

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux at mediaxim.be
Mon Mar 19 00:48:53 CDT 2007

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:57:25 +0200, Michel Bardiaux
<mbardiaux at mediaxim.be> wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:47:34 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Skorka
><skorka at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>In comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux at mediaxim.be> wrote:
>>> If I try to start agent using:
>>>
>>> wine ~/'.wine/fake_windows/Program Files/Agent/agent.exe'
>>>
>>> I just get this message-box:
>>>
>>> "The shared directory \home\gorby\.wine\fake_windows\Program
>>> Files\Agent\ does not exist".
>>>
>>> It exists, of course, since the installer completed without trouble.
>>> And I know my version of wine is a bit old, but since 3.3 works
>>> flawlessly with it...
>>
>>Which doesn't mean Agent 4 will do so too.
>
>I know. What I meant is this version of wine is good enough to run 3.3
>*very well* so it is probably not hopelessly bug-ridden.
>

>>> Any suggestion?
>>
>>Try
>>$ cd ~/'.wine/fake_windows/Program Files/Agent' && wine agent.exe
>
>Doesnt work, I get a variant of the message "The shared directory does
>not exist" with *2* spaces beetween "directory" and "does". However,
>someone suggested "wine ./agent.exe" and *that* lets me go past that
>point. Will do more extensive tries tonight.

I have tried 4.0 under the indicated setup (debian sarge, wine
20030510 as packaged, using fake Windows). Both install under a
vanilla winesetup, and upgrade of an existing (equivalent) wine
config, do work.

Apart from the abovementionned quirk:

* save/move/delete of large amounts of binary attachments is sluggish
(just as it was under 3.3).

* Scrolling in the message body pane when there is an image, is weird
to say the least. Looks like the image is not taken into account when
computing the position and size of the scrollbar slider.

* I had a folder name 'junk', it got 'promoted' to being *the* junk
folder. Not a good idea, the upgrade should ask for a rename!