[Wine] Re: ACT! 6.0 under Wine

shane2peru shane at rices4peru.com
Mon Mar 19 00:52:08 CDT 2007

Duane Clark wrote:
> shane2peru wrote:
> > Duane Clark wrote:

> >> Have you tried putting a copy of a native Windows msvcrt.dll into your
> >> Wine windows/system32 directory, and configuring Wine to use it? Just
> >> set Wine to use it globally. Almost any msvcrt.dll probably will do.
> >
> > By this do you mean running winecfg and going to the Library, and
> > adding that as native?
>
> Yes. Make sure in the "Applications" tab, you select "Default Settings"
> before going to the "Libraries" tab.
>
> > If that is what you mean, the answer is yes.  I
> > have done that there were about 4 different ones that were very
> > similar.  I also have my windows partition, I can copy of dll's from
> > there, however I need to know which ones.
>
> Yes, you should copy the one from your Windows partition. Just copy
> plain old msvcrt.dll.
>
> As far as I can tell, the error message above indicates that whatever
> version of msvcrt.dll you were using did not have the function _mbsspnp,
> which the program was apparently expecting. Looking at MSDN, it appears
> this function is rather old (it mentions Win95 compatibility), so I
> would have expected it to be in almost any real Windows msvcrt.dll (but
> it is not in Wine's msvcrt). If you are still getting that particular
> error message, you might want to check again how you have things
> configured with winecfg.
>
> You could always set the environment variable WINEDEBUG=+loaddll, and
> then run ACT. It should show which DLLs it is actually loading.

I copied the windows msvcrt.dll over, there are actually 3 the other
two are msvcrt20.dll msvcrt40.dll   I did them one at a time, and
changed owner, then permissions to make them the same as the rest of
the dll's in the system32 directory.  Ok, here is what I get:

libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 8193
(SPI_SETFOREGROUNDLOCKTIMEOUT)
fixme:atl:AtlModuleInit SEMI-STUB (0x15c7328 0x15c7020 0x15c0000)
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter message filter has been registered,
but will not be used
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter message filter has been registered,
but will not be used
err:dc:CreateDCW no driver found for L""
fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00800000 not yet implemented
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width -15
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window height -20
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width -15
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window height -20
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width -15
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window height -20
fixme:shdocvw:PersistStreamInit_InitNew (0x1d60f28)
fixme:shdocvw:WebBrowser_put_RegisterAsDropTarget (0x1d60f28)->(0)
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width -15
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window height -20
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width -15
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window height -20
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width -15
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window height -20
wine: Call from 0x7b840790 to unimplemented function
msvcrt.dll._mbsspnp, aborting

> You could always set the environment variable WINEDEBUG=+loaddll, and
> then run ACT. It should show which DLLs it is actually loading.
Can you explain how to do this?  Thanks.  I tried setting the
configuration in wine to emulate 2000, I had been using xp, and I also
used the default.  I really don't see much of a difference between the
two.  When I go to the libraries, and add the msvcrt to native
bulletin, ACT won't even start.  ??  I tried it as just native and it
wouldn't start either.  ?    Thanks for the help.

Shane