[Wine] "FixMe GetCharacterPlacementW" on Igor 5.04

olivier.crauste at gmail.com olivier.crauste at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:53:48 CDT 2007

Hello everybody,

I am a new user of wine so please excuse me if this problem has already
been fixed... (but it seems not ;) )

I recently installed on my Gentoo (up-to-date) the CVS version of Wine
and installed Igor (version 5.04) using different profiles (Win98, 2000
and XP).

Igor is a scientific software I use to analyze measurements data.

When launching the Igor program, it prints normally the menu bar (File,
Edit, ...) and remove all of the entries one after the other, printing
"fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW classes not implemented" for each.

After a few search, this function seems related to BiDi and Left-Right
justification.
(See the related topic about Pegasus Mail issued in 2004 so far)

I've already tried different locale (UTF-8, ISO-8859) and language as I
thought it was due to wrong charset => Nothing.

So my question is multiple :
* Is there already a patch for this FixMe ?
* Does someone know how to by-pass this class ? I mean, i really don't
care if the 'About' or 'Help' menu is not right  justified in this
software.

Regards,

Olivier Crauste