[Wine] Re: Can't Print from Wine

Duane Clark junkmail at junkmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:09 CDT 2007

jaddi27 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Wine 0.9.29 installed on a computer running Ubuntu 6.10. When I
> try to print from any application, nothing happens. The printer that I
> am trying to print to is a Konica Minolta PagePro 1300W, which is
> connected to a computer running Windows XP Pro. I can print to it fine
> from any linux applications, but when I want to print something from an
> application running under wine, it will not work.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using CUPS to print to the printer from Linux?

Can you send a document to the printer in Linux from the command line
with "lpr document.ps" (you can create a ps document in Linux by first
printing one to a file in a Linux program, or from Wine).

Did you compile Wine yourself, or are you using a prebuilt binary package?

If you are compiling Wine, did you install whatever the Ubuntu
equivalent of cups-devel is?

If you installed a binary package, where did you get it?