[Wine] Re: winecfg won't start and causes errors in xubuntu dapper

noalternative noalternative at REMOVETHESECAPSTOREPLYoperamail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:54:09 CDT 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:16:49 +0000 (UTC)
Daniel Skorka <skorka at gmx.net> wrote:

> noalternative <noalternative at removethesecapstoreplyoperamail.com>
> wrote:
> > oldcomputer at ubuntu:~$ planetpenguin-racer
> > bash: planetpenguin-racer: command not found
> > oldcomputer at ubuntu:~$ planetpenguin-racer
> > bash: planetpenguin-racer: command not found
>
> I'll give you the benefit of doubt on this one.
> If 'bash' tells you 'command not found', it means the command was not
> found. In other words: The executable has a different name.
>
> > oldcomputer at ubuntu:~$ neverball
> > Illegal instruction
> > oldcomputer at ubuntu:~$
>
> Ok, now this is more interesting. 'Illegal Instruction' means that
> neverball crashed. We could dig deeper into this using a debugger, but
> I'll bet your OpenGL/GLX/DRI setup is busted. Are you perchance using
> closed source drivers for your Nvidia or ATI graphics card? At any
> rate, the fault most likely does not lie with wine.

I don't know whether the driver is open or closed source.  How would I
tell?

> Daniel
> --
> Before you post:
> Read the Wine User Guide
> http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index When you post:
> Which wine version? Self compiled or prepackaged?

Brian (not wanting to be a messiah): "You are all individuals..."
Crowd (in unison): "We are all individuals..."
Monty Python's "Life Of Brian"

http://www.spampoison.com