[Wine] Need help with CRYPTUI.dll and signtool.exe

Troy Nesfeder tnesfeder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:49:32 CDT 2007

I am trying to get signtool.exe, which is part of the Microsoft
Platform SDK, working under the latest version of Wine on my Fedora
Core 5 box.  When I run signtool.exe, I get the following errors:

err:module:import_dll Loading library CRYPTUI.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\signing\\signtool.exe") failed (error c0000020).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
L"C:\\signing\\signtool.exe" failed, status c0000135

I placed a copy of the CRYPTUI.dll from my Windows XP box in my Wine
system32 directory, but that didn't help.

Wine had a similar problem loading MFC42.DLL, and I was able to
resolve it by placing a specific version of the DLL (not the latest
version that was on my Windows XP box) in the Wine system32 directory.
Could this be the same issue?

Has anyone else had any luck getting signtool.exe working?  Anyone
ever have a problem with CRYPTUI.dll?

Best regards,
Troy Nesfeder
tnesfeder at gmail.com