[Wine] Problems running wine under an Xvnc server

lewisd at gmail.com lewisd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 23:58:33 CDT 2007

I've been trying to run wine inside an Xvnc server, but no matter what
I do, wine, wineconsole, winecfg, I get the same error:

$ winecfg
Invoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin winecfg.exe ...
glxcmds.c:343: CreateContext: Assertion `mode != ((void *)0)' failed.
wine: Assertion failed at address 0xb7d47947 (thread 0009), starting
debugger...
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("winedbg --debugmsg -
all 8 52") (2)

It seems to be trying to do something with GLX, which I'm pretty sure
isn't supported by the Xvnc server.
I'm running wine-0.9.30.