[Wine] Mac OS X (x86): winecfg Crashes when i try to setup audio

Ken Thomases ken at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 19 18:40:37 CDT 2007

On Oct 24, 2006, at 7:20 PM, Daniel Skorka wrote:

> Blutwolf <before.god at gmail.com> wrote:
>> wine compiles fine under Mac OS X (10.4.8 x86, XCode installed).
>> It works so far the apps need no sound....
>> i wondered why so i tried to check winecfg.
>> It works all fine, but when i click on the audio tab it crashes.
>> winecfg stands still, xterm displays me the following error:
>>
>> wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000004 at address
>> 0x9086f717 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
>> Can't attach process 8: error 5
>> err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c000013a flags 0
>> addr
>> 0x90024427
>>
>> Anybody knows about this? (using apples x11)
>
> I would say the crash is related to the apple soundsystem. Try finding
> which debug channel is used for that, and enable all messages on this
> channel. Also, you could run winecfg in winedbg and find the offending
> code.

There's a known bug in winecfg such that it crashes if either there's
no audio driver configured or if none of the configured drivers can
be loaded.

You need to edit the registry to configure the driver.  Under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers, set key Audio to
"coreaudio".  That should enable audio (and keep winecfg from crashing).

Cheers,
Ken