[Wine] solved: Lotus Notes and Daylight Saving Time

Goesta Smekal goesta.smekal at wiener.hilfswerk.at
Fri Mar 23 14:54:06 CDT 2007

Declan Moriarty wrote:
> Discover grep. You can run 'wine regedit' Edit/Find and enter daylight
>
> That takes me to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current
> Version/Timezones

Thank you! That tip saved me from a long weekend. For reasons not yet
known, our clients totally lacked any registry keys related to
timezones. So I exported them on a native Windows system, tweaked the
files a bit with perl (Win2k3-Server .reg files don't seem to import
flawlessly into our wine version) and imported in "wine regedit".

Before that, the NotesCliebt chose the "right" timezone by chance and
took "Western Sahara", which is also GMT+1, but lacks daylight saving -
doesn't seem to be the big issue over there ;-)

Any entries created with the new regkeys in place and the correct
timezone set within the client survive the transition to CEST as expected.

How I convert old entries is subject to a different trade.

Anyway, the problem was not related to any wine version issue or wine
bug, it was a classic "problem lies between keyboard and chair" :-D

   thanks

   Goesta