[Wine] Re: Problem installing SystemVision from MentorGraphics

Duane Clark fpga at pacbell.net
Sat Mar 24 15:19:12 CDT 2007

Torsten Knodt wrote:
>> What I did in similar circumstances was let the install of a program
>> crap out, then replace the unarchives java with a different version, and
>> restart the install from the windows\temp directory. I beat the install
>> that way, but no java installs here.
> I managed to replace the JRE now after self-decompression and started the
> installation from windows\temp, like suggested. Then I had some other
> problems, which I solved by creating an installation script on a windows
> computer and doing a silent batch installation.
> So now I'm a step further. The next problem is starting fails. I see a splash
> screen and then the application stops with an error:
>
> fixme:atl:AtlModuleInit SEMI-STUB (0x6189c570 0x61898300 0x61870000)
> err:ole:create_server class {0c0a3666-30c9-11d0-8f20-00805f2cd064} not
> registered

You can for example google for 0c0a3666-30c9-11d0-8f20-00805f2cd064 and
find out that it is a part of DCOM known as Machine Debug Manager. It
appears to be a part of some program called mdm.exe. I don't know
whether that is a standard part of Windows, or whether it should have
been installed by Mentor.