[Wine] Wine default font

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Wed Mar 28 07:43:28 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 11:04 +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> Hi winers!
>
> I'd like to change the default Wine font, I think it uses the Windows
> font "System" or "Fixed". I found where I can set the font replacements
> in the wine registry, and set System and Fixed to use a Bitstream font
> instead, but it didn't seem to have an effect. Could anyone tell me how
> to set the font to something else?
>
> Any tips/pointers would be appreciated.

I trust you have fonts.dir & fonts.scale in the all font directories? I
keep meaning to sort this out myself. I have the same problem. I'm on
FC5 using their standard gnome setup, and one of the default fonts is
UltraUltraBoldSuperCondensed :-(.

Have you made sure all windoze fonts are in /etc/X11/Xorg.conf (or
equivelant?)
--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>