[Wine] IE Failure to Import Data

Info Info at quantum-equities.com
Wed Mar 28 12:33:42 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 5:34, Declan Moriarty wrote:
> I have heard IE described as a large security hole with a small browser
> attached :-P.

Trust me.  I have used Konq through Squid for this very reason, for 9 years.  If I had aaany choice...

Needless to say, if I can get IE running on Wine, I will only use it on the two websites required for my business.

> That may not be much use to the foreign tourist in Kerry, but for you
> there is an alternative: Some bright spark has written an IE type plugin
> for Firefox, to allow firefox to simulate IE. I was on the firefox site
> and saw it in passing at some link from  http://www.mozilla.com

I believe you are referring to IETab:
http://ietab.mozdev.org/

Unfortunately this runs on Winduhs only.

So I must try and get IE running properly on Wine.  I wish I could get IE running properly on Wine.