[Wine] Wine default font

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Wed Mar 28 13:56:19 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 13:15 -0400, David A. Woyciesjes wrote:
> Declan Moriarty wrote:
> > UltraUltraBoldSuperCondensed :-(.
> >
> > Have you made sure all windoze fonts are in /etc/X11/Xorg.conf (or
> > equivelant?)
>
> 	Hmmm, this might help with my Wine/MeetingMaker 7.5 issue (from 3/20,
> not all fonts not displaying). I don't have either fonts.dir or
> fonts.scale in my ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts directory. Where can I
> find out more about these files?

Man mkfontscale and man mkfontdir. Become root, cd to the directory, and
run them. These files get searched by linux for usable fonts. Planty on
hacking them on the web - adding lines, etc. Abiword's site also has
very extensive font instructions, from memory, largely to stop people
bellyaching about fonts to tham.

> 	As for /etc/X11/xorg.conf, should I adjust the Section "Files" to look
> like this?

If you have fontconfig and the xfs font server, then the things to fart
about with is actually /etc/fonts/fonts.conf & /etc/fonts/local.conf.
The files section is p[robably ok. Fonts.conf usually screams "leave me
alone!" in the comments, so add your fontpaths to /etc/fonts/local.conf.
Don't ask me on syntax