[Wine] Wine for linux fedora core 5

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Tue May 1 03:13:59 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 21:44 +0200, Vanhaverbeke Jozef wrote:

> Where can I find wine programs for linux fedora core 5. Or how can I
> work with windows programs in linux fedora core

Ahem!

Fedora core is a LINUX distro with GNU programs in the main and a LINUX
kernel. Wine is packaged just in case someone wants to install it, and
fart about with windows programs.
Fedora don't supply windows programs.

So you pay through the nose for windows programs, download them from the
web, have them forced on you by your boss, get shareware, steal copies
from your friends or do whatever you would do if you had windows on your
pc and never heard of fedora.

I feel the approach is the wrong way around. The time to use wine is
when you want to run a particular program that is not available for
linux, but you can get the windows binary.
--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>

[Running Fedora Core 5, and wine-0.9.35]