[Wine] Video Strangeness in Wine

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Thu May 3 13:14:38 CDT 2007

I have 2 programs installed in wine - watchtower library and firefox,
and have done nothing except update my fedora 5 (yum update)

Now firefox gives a black screen - entirely black. The wt library did as
well, but restarting X fixed that. Not so firefox. I can have another
program open on another screen, so wine is not crashing. I moved another
small gnome window onto the same screen, and video was restored, and I
could see a small window where firefox was asking "Restore previous
session? If I touch it, it blanks the screen entirely, and my exit is to
poke with the mouse for another screen,, or poke to minimise it.

with a cd to the firefox dir,
wine firefox.exe >~/firefox.log produced this

err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {4955dd33-b159-11d0-8fcf-00aa006bcc59}
not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object
{4955dd33-b159-11d0-8fcf-00aa006bcc59} could be created for context 0x1
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x3007c, 0x15dbe0): stub

If this was the X version, I would at least try rm -rf ~/firefox. What's
the windoze equivelant? Are we looking at neuclear options?
--
        With Best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.