[Wine] Video Strangeness in Wine

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Fri May 4 03:46:24 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 14:31 -0400, Charity Abbott wrote:
> Deleting C:\Documents and
> Settings\charity\ApplicationData\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\fbgpg7m9.default\sessionstore.js
> resets the session on my Windows XP machine with Firefox. I'm not sure
> how it would work with wine. This keeps your bookmarks and other
> settings also.

Thanks.
What an obscure location. Mine was in

/home/dec/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/dec/Application\ Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/avqa9ed1.default/sessionstore.js

but the application still comes up black :-(. Instinct tells me it's
some change to the X video driver, because it wouldn't start X after the
update. Every application seems screwed. I'm just after trying airmail3
- same story.

Further, when I move off the black virtual screen and back, I get an
extra instance of wastebasket file browser opened without my asking :-/.
And everything has some stupid little popup screen there. And when you
run the mouse over these (on a black screen) it's an hourglass, but when
you move off them, it's a pointer. Something's crashed.

I'll sod off, be another user, and start with a new ~/.wine and see what
happens there.
--
        With Best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.