[Wine] Re: Porting a Win32 application using Winelib...

Rod rodzilla at free.fr
Fri May 11 15:09:20 CDT 2007

Hello and thanks for your answer,

>> [I'm using winelib to port a big app to Linux.]
>
> Why not just run the .exe with wine?  Seriously.  Is it
> because you want to run on non-x86 boxes?

Absolutely (*sigh*). If the Linux port succeeds, next
step is a Solaris port.
I ran the .exe using Wine and it works just fine (I must
admit I was really impressed) ; this is why I'm seriously
considering the Winelib approach.

> And what app is this, btw?  Is it commercial?

It is a commercial "Electronic Design Automation" application.

Do you think the winelib port is possible ?

Is this the right list for this question or should I post it
to wine-devel ?

Best regards,
Rod