[Wine] COM port not accessible

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Mon May 14 04:55:03 CDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 16:32 -0300, Marco Aurélio Carvalho wrote:

> >     Marco> Hi folks, I need to use a program that access a serial port. The

> The program do not crash, but it does not write or read from the serial port.
> It presents an error message and continues but does not work. The program was
> compiled with Borland C builder (do not know the version).  I have the sorce
> code but not the compiler. It was created by a friend many years ago to help
> me test a electronic board.
> I tried to use hyperterminal to test the serial port access, but I could not
> setup it properly or it does not work under wine.
> I also tried to install an old terminal program called PROCOMM but the SETUP
> program complains that  a SHELL.DLL was not found and aborts.
> I am triyng to find a simple terminal that uses a serial port to test it.

Am I correct in thinking that this port has to communicate with a cpu on
your test board which is talking via i2c boosted to rs-232 levels? Your
firmware will have the baud rate set, along with parity, and error bits.
Do you know what these settings should be? And some of the older
circuits for this are inadequate, not meeting RS232 specs.

Probably it is smartest to try to talk or listen in linux first, to get
past those errors.
man setserial is your friend.
--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>