[Wine] MySQL ODBC stub

Marco Aurélio Carvalho maurelioc at astrotec.com.br
Tue May 15 20:24:04 CDT 2007

Em Seg 14 Mai 2007, você escreveu:
> On Sun, 2007-13-05 at 16:24 -0300, Marco Aurélio Carvalho wrote:
> > The wine odbc stub (odbc32.dll) has a environment variable to point to
> > unix odbc driver:
> > LIB_ODBC_DRIVER_MANAGER=/usr/lib/libodbc.so.1
> >
> > Is there a stub to use MySQL ODBC driver:
> >  /usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so.1   ?
>
> Yes; that one.
>
> > I have an application that uses the MySQL ODBC driver and I coul not
> > install the native  driver :
> > mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.12-win32.msi
>
> The wine odbc stub doesn't point to an odbc driver; it points to an odbc
> driver manager (e.g. unixODBC or iODBC; I prefer unixODBC)
>
> In many distributions the unixODBC is already configured to use the
> mySQL driver; after that you just use it.
>
> Bill Medland

Ok . Thanks.

I have to study more. The windows SW that access the mysql database is
expecting the windows mysql odbc connector. I cannot change it to an odbc
manager. I think it access the driver directly without odbc manager layer.
The data needed to stablish the connection does not use DSN. I fill database
name, server name, server port, user and password.
--
Marco Aurélio