[Wine] Error Message?

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Sat May 19 04:11:30 CDT 2007

> > Find libjack.so on your box. It may be a symlink to libjack.so.<version>
> > Unless it's in /lib or /usr/lib, check (as root) that the directory is
> > listed in /etc/ld.so.conf and then try running ldconfig and see if that
> > sorts it. If it doesn't, then that gets interesting.
>
> Well, I found them in the lib folder: (2 of them)
> file:///usr/lib/libjack-0.100.0.so.0
> file:///usr/lib/libjack-0.100.0.so.0.0.23
>
> Hmm, this file does not look like "libjack.so" its allot longer.

> What next?
This stuff all new to you?

Yes it is a lot longer with the complete (and repeating) version number.
JUST DO IT
If it barfs, we'll worry then. Programs expect the symlink, because they
don't know what silly version numbers are. So they expect libjack.so to
point to your latest one.

> AND, as for the "ld.so.conf" file (the only line in there) is...
> "include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf" (without "")
> ------
There will be a directory /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ with files in it. Make sure
one of them says /usr/lib this way

cd /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
grep \/usr\/lib    *

That should show you the lines with /usr/lib in them. As long as there's
one, go away. If not, add it to one.

This is elementary command line stuff. I would suggest that you continue
learning about the weird and wonderful tools in linux. Joining a support
mailing list or forum for your particular distribution can be
educational. For nearly any command above, there is a man page which
tells you how to use it (e.g. man grep). If you really want to learn the
system, do a linux from scratch by hand - no automatic tools.
--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>