[Wine] Use Windows USB drivers?

elmi at terminverpennt.de elmi at terminverpennt.de
Tue May 29 00:29:25 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'm using an application that works very well with Wine but that application requires a specific USB hardware where no (and no similar) Linux driver is available for.

Therefore my question is: the application comes with a fully working Windows driver for that hardware, is it possible to use that driver to access the hardware via Wine?

Until now I could not get it work but I'd expect some settings that tell whine at which USB port the hardware can be found. In my opinion it should work with some generic driver on Linux side that only forwards all requests from Linux to Wine and vice versa!?

Kind regards

Elmar