[Wine] Can't get OpenGL to work

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Fri Nov 16 17:23:02 CST 2007

Hello all,

today I've tried to use two applications which claim to use OpenGL
(Catia, oZone3D) in Wine on Ubuntu 7.10. The version of Wine coming
along with Ubuntu is 0.9.46-0ubuntu1.

Each time I start one of these applications, they claim to find no
OpenGL library. Since I can run glxgears (~1400fps) in Ubuntu
directly, I consider my graphics to work fine and point my finger
towards Wine.

With googling, I found the hint to use --enable-opengl, but this
changes exactly nothing.

Any idea on how to debug this situation? A small, known to work
OpenGL/Windows application perhaps? Any flags I could set to get some
additional hints?

Thanks,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter