[Wine] remove old wine before updating?

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Oct 2 19:50:27 CDT 2007

I am currently using wine 9.22 and am getting ready to switch to the
latest version. If I understand things right I need to remove my current
wine before installing the new one, but I do not know how to do that.

When I installed 9.22 I was very new to this and couldn't find
instructions that made sense to me so I followed the directions here:
which had me take the package from a non-official site
(http://files.pablasso.com/opensource...22-1_amd64.deb)

So, I can't follow the wineHQ instructions to remove from source since I
didn't install from source and I can't (that I know of) remove it using
synaptic or apt-get since it didn't come from ubuntu/deb repositories -
so how do I go about getting rid of this old version?

(My new install will be following these directions:
http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb
http://wiki.winehq.org/UbuntuAMD64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q564OEmseXE&NR=1)

Tricia