[Wine] MDAC 2.7/2.8

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Wed Oct 3 23:14:05 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 10:46 +0200, Klaus Layer wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> I have a application which requires MDAC due to the use of an MS ACCESS
> database.

It's off-topic, I know, but maybe of use to both of you ...

I'm working on an open-source cross-platform database RAD thingy written
in Perl to replace MS Access. See my webpage at:
http://entropy.homelinux.org/axis/

I'm also revamping the website. For the new version ( not yet complete,
but has more up-to-date screenshots ) at:
http://entropy.homelinux.org/axis_new/

The 3 Perl libraries are complete and stable. The GUI builder is a
work-in-progress.

Back on-topic, I had *some* success with Crossover Office installing
MSDAC-2.8. I was never able to get it to work with standard wine ( nor
did I expect Access to work with standard wine ).

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer
email: dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au