[Wine] How to install .NET ?

Victor ErV2005 at rambler.ru
Thu Oct 4 10:20:57 CDT 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007 11:24:21 Markus Hitter wrote:
> It appears, the only choice to get rid of such destructive
> assumptions is to hack the installer or to install on another system
> and transfer the files really needed. Both is likely a tricky thing
> due to registry entries and thelike.

Excuse me, but I think that it is possible just look at what does installer
check for using WINEDEBUG+=trace or WINEDEBUG+=all, or maybe even using
strace. For example, if it does some checks for registry keys, this can be
found by grepping output of wine started with WINEDEBUG+=all, but if
installer does something far more complex, then "oops". Of course, this can
take a lot of time and isn't guaranteed to work.

--
Victor Eremin (ErV2005 at rambler.ru)