[Wine] Configure not working in ubuntu gutsy amd64

JusTiCe8 justice8 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 14 16:24:42 CDT 2007

Hi,

Patrick Leamon wrote:
> I recently upgraded to the Gutsy beta, and this may just be a side effect of it being beta, but thought I'd raise it here in case I am doing something obviously wrong.  I'm not familiar with how the configure script works and looking at the config.log didn't help me.

[...]

I remember to already see it before, but didn't where exactly, I think
it's a gcc bug specific to amd64 arch. But all threads seen on web show
the contrary. So as many suggest, check if you have installed
"build-essential" package first then retry. (as wine already exists as a
package, a 'apt-get buid-dep wine' could help).

If you need more info, search for "gcc bug compiler cannot create
executables"  will give you lot's of error reports and solutions.

Regards.