[Wine] Recommended Packages document

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 21:35:36 CDT 2007

Fresh install of Debian Etch. Before I install wine (from winehq), I'd like
to double check something about the following document. I've only included
the portion refering to Debian.
http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages

The document was last edited 2007-10-07 15:26:02.
My question is about the last comment about freeglut3-dev. Still required or
not, would there be any problems if I install it "just in case"?

Anything else this document might have missed?

Jim

Debian

    * audio
          o winealsa.drv: libasound2-dev
          o wineaudioio.drv: libaudiofile-dev
          o wineesd.drv: libesd0-dev
          o winejack.drv: libjack0.80.0-dev
          o winenas.drv: libaudio-dev
    * capi
          o libcapi20-dev
    * cms:
          o liblcms1-dev
    * printing with CUPS
          o libcupsys2-dev
    * scanner
          o libsane-dev
    * drive autodetection
          o libhal-dev
          o libdbus-1-dev
    *

      the following, but only if you can install them from testing - do not
install these from Sarge:

fontforge/testing

    * If you are using Debian Etch with Nvidia:

nvidia-glx-dev

    * and all of the following packages:

freeglut3-dev libc6-dev libexpat1-dev libfontconfig1-dev libfreetype6-dev
libgcrypt11-dev libglib1.2-dev libglib2.0-dev libgnutls11-dev
libgpg-error-dev libice-dev libieee1284-3-dev libjpeg62-dev libldap2-dev
libltdl3-dev libmad0-dev libmng-dev libncurses5-dev libogg-dev
libopencdk8-dev libpng12-dev libqt3-mt-dev libsm-dev libtasn1-2-dev
libusb-dev libvorbis-dev libx11-dev libxcursor-dev libxext-dev libxft-dev
libxi-dev libxml2-dev libxmu-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libxslt1-dev
libxt-dev libxv-dev render-dev unixodbc-dev x-dev xlibmesa-gl-dev
xlibmesa-glu-dev xlibs-static-dev zlib1g-dev

(Please note glut32.dll has been removed in Wine 0.9.27, so freeglut3-dev
may not be required anymore)