[Wine] Need for Speed Underground + wine 0.9.47

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Mon Oct 22 04:39:04 CDT 2007

On Monday October 22 2007 09:10, Frank Honolka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Need for Speed underground1 running on my 32 bit version
> of Debin Etch.
>
> Error:
>
> cannot find required DLL AutoRunGui.DLL
>
> cp autorungui.dll ~/wine/c_drive/system32/autorungui.dll
>

> same problem.
>
> Can you help me?

	How did you run the game? Right way to run most Windows programs is to cd to
installation directory first (otherwise application can have a trouble
locating its files) and then from current directory run it like this:

wine game.exe

	In short: make sure that you are always run Windows programs from current
directory. There is some exceptions (sometimes you can run application from
any directory, sometimes you need to provide full Windows path, etc) but
exception are extremely rare and exist only in badly written Windows
programs.
	I assume that you installed game in WINE as usually. If you are trying to run
it from Windows partition this is the same like running it on another Windows
without installation and will not work in most cases. If this is the case
please install it in WINE.
	If you still have problems please give full terminal output including command
you are trying to run in order to launch your game. And also please tell us
what version of WINE you are using (see output from wine --version if you
don't know).
	Thank you for using WINE.