[Wine] msvcpXX.dll - It is legal to deploy with own applications?

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 26 16:09:47 CDT 2007

On 26/10/2007, Sergio Samayoa <sergiosamayoa at icon.com.gt> wrote:

> msvcpXX.dll - It is legal to deploy with own applications?

It is perfectly legal to deploy msvcpXX.dll (Microsoft Visual C++
Runtime) with your own application. When you install Visual C++ or
Visual Studio, there is a redistributable MSM (Installer Merge Module)
that you can integrate into the application's installer.

Most applications do this, for example Firefox.

> My own Delphi applications doesn't need it but Firebird's client software
> needs it.

Does the Firebird client software not install it? If it doesn't, that
is a bug on their part.

- Reece