[Wine] no jack option in audio selection

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Oct 27 10:49:10 CDT 2007

On Saturday October 27 2007 10:46, Rich E wrote:
> Hi everyone using Wine,
>
> I'm having a problem getting wine to use jack for the audio driver.  I have
> compiled wine-0.9.47 from source and the jack headers are detected during
> configuration.  Yet, there is no option to choose jack as the audio driver
> when using winecfg.  I know of at least one other person who also has this
> problem, who posted here <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=503313>.
>
> Does anyone know how to get wine using jack? Is there a certain flag I need
> to pass at configuration?
>
> regards,
> rich

	Is there any specific reason why you want to use Jack instead of ALSA?
	Some time ago (maybe about two years ago) I tried to use Jack and even had an
option for it in winecfg but it never worked for me: no sound in WINE and a
lot of errors. I guess I did something wrong but I never found enough time to
figure this out so now I'm using ALSA (my original motivation to use Jack was
some sound problems but now all of them are gone so this isn't an big issue
for me anymore). I wonder if there is someone who use Jack with WINE? If yes
then what should be done to make it work on modern amd64 distro (this is what
I have)?