[Wine] wine on Ubuntu box against iTunes

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Oct 30 08:43:33 CDT 2007

Roberto D. Maggi wrote:
>fixme:setupapi:CMP_WaitNoPendingInstallEvents 0
>fixme:setupapi:CMP_WaitNoPendingInstallEvents 0
>fixme:setupapi:CMP_WaitNoPendingInstallEvents 0
>
> and iTunes refuse to start up!
>
> I really don't knows what I'm looking, but it tells me "fixme" so I feel
> responsible for something...

The "fixme" messages are for the Wine developers, not for you!

Which version of wine are you using?  iTunes only
works with quite new versions of Wine, and it still
doesn't detect iPods.

(Also, when I tried it, it only worked with version 7.2 of
iTunes, not with the latest 7.4.
If that's the problem, you can get the older iTunes from
download sites like
http://filehippo.com/download_itunes/?2736
But other folks say the latest iTunes work in the latest
Wine, so maybe that's not needed if you're on wine-0.9.48 or so.)
- Dan