[Wine] Japanese menu on widget are garbled (mojibake)

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Wed Oct 31 10:55:09 CDT 2007

On Tuesday October 30 2007 18:27, Akihiro Moriguchi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have problem that menus on windows soft under wine are garbled
> (mojibake.)
> If someone know how to display multi byte character menus on widget,
> could you tell me a direction.
>
> I tested locales ja_JP.eucjp, ja_JP.sjis and ja_JP.utf8 when start wine.

	Try something like this:

export LC_ALL=your_locale
wine notepad

	Replace "your_locale" with your locale name. If you can type in the notepad
in your language and see it in the menus then your locale setup and fonts are
correct. Then try to run your program. If it still doesn't work as expected
(but notepad works perfectly) then then please report this as a bug at
http://bugs.winehq.org .
	Please note that most developers don't read this mailing list so it is
important to report the bug at http://bugs.winehq.org if you want to get it
fixed.
	Thanks for using WINE.