[Wine] Open SUSE 64 bit fix

Michael D. Johnson mikej163 at cableone.net
Wed Oct 31 20:08:25 CDT 2007

You just never know where your help is going to come from.   :-)
This is via a reminder to me from some PLUG members.

I am passing this along because it worked for me.

   1. Delete all the wine copies, source, compiled, and rpm
   2. Delete all the FreeGLUT copies, source, compiled, and rpm
   3. Delete the Yast repository for wine that open SUSE automatically makes
   4. Go to the open SUSE repository descriptors page.
   5. Add in the current Yast repository descriptor for WINE from the
      new list.
   6. Now use Yast and install WINE
   7. Yast will tell you that it needs to install the latest FreeGLUT
      reply yes
   8. When Yast finsihes, a mixed mode 32 bit / 64 bit version of the
      latest wine is installed.

And at least for me, I am no longer getting GPF's and the windows are
opening up displaying content.

Mike