[Wine] Sanitarium on Wine

Alessander Botti Benevides alessanderbotti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:11:22 CDT 2007

Hi people, I've got some problems on running the game Sanitarium on Wine:
the game crashes when entering the second level (after it is loaded) and
pops up the following error message:

"Unable to create graphic (you may be out of swap file space)
The game will be terminated."

When I clik the button Ok, other error message pops up:

"Runtime Error!
Program C:\Arquivos de programas\ASC Games\Sanitarium\sntrm.exe
abnormal program termination"

the debug is:
"err:d3d_surface:IWineD3DSurfaceImpl_GetDC CreateDIBSection failed!
err:d3d_surface:IWineGDISurfaceImpl_PrivateSetup (0x1f105900)
IWineD3DSurface::GetDC failed with hr 80070008
err:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_CreateNewSurface IWineD3DDevice::CreateSurface
failed. hr = 80070008
err:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_CreateSurface IDirectDrawImpl_CreateNewSurface
failed with 80070008
Unable to create graphic (you may be out of swap file space)

The game will be terminated."

Do you have any idea of how to fix it? How can I  add more  swap space to
Wine?

thx in advance,

Alessander
Go Vegan!