[Wine] EAC - slow ripping speed

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 04:50:37 CDT 2008

On 02/04/2008, kls <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>  Nobody using EAC (exact audio copy) for CD ripping under wine?  :(

I am, and very happily, but it works at full speed for me! HP Compaq
6710b laptop with Kubuntu 7.10 and current winehq Wine.

(Current app bug: running through the initial setup wizard, it always
hangs. But starting the app and changing preferences is fine.)

[I use EAC because EAC and libparanoia are both good for ripping
severely beaten-up CDs, but some damaged disks are better with one and
some are better with the other. Slowly reripping the whole collection
as 320kbps MP3. I really should just rip 'em all to FLAC ...]

- d.